For over 70 years, Metro Hydraulic Jack Company, a third-generation, family-owned and operated business, has been providing industrial hydraulic parts and equipment services to commercial, automotive, marine, refuse, and construction industries.More About Our Company
Enerpac Hydraulic Pumps
Hydraulic pumps convert mechanical energy into hydraulic energy and can be found in essential industrial applications like tractors, dump trucks, mining equipment, forklifts, conveyors, mixers, and more. Because these settings are so critical, they require reliable, high-performance pumps. Enerpac is the world’s foremost manufacturer of hydraulic pumps and other control parts.
As a pioneer of computerized lifting and positioning systems, Enerpac has been streamlining process flows for manufacturers since 1910. Metro Hydraulic is a proud distributor of top-tier Enerpac products, which can provide innovative and precise solutions to any high-pressure application.
Selecting the Best Enerpac Hydraulic Pump for Your Application
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to Enerpac hydraulic pumps. The wide variety of solutions can make it challenging to determine the best one for a given application. When making your selection, consider the following:
- Fill speed: The pump needs to move fluid in and out of the system within the time frame.
- Fluid compatibility: Choose an Enerpac pump that is built for the type of fluid used in your system, which may be standard hydraulic fluid, biodegradable fluid, phosphate ester, water glycol, and others. Fluid viscosity is a related consideration—too high or too low, and you risk inefficient operation and potential breakdown.
- Pressure capacity: The pump must be able to withstand the pressure produced by the system without creating leakage or part damage.
- Efficiency: Efficient pumps will reduce your operating costs. If the pump meets your needs for fill speed and pressure capacity, also make sure it is energy efficient in relation to its output.
- Maintenance needs: Different Enerpac pump designs have different maintenance requirements. Be prepared to attend to those needs to extend the pump’s lifespan. Regular maintenance is important in keeping your system operating efficiently and catching small issues before they turn into big ones. In some cases, higher maintenance needs may be worth greater efficiency, fill speed, or pressure capacity.
Enerpac Pump Types
The diverse selection of Enerpac hydraulic pump types guarantees an ideal solution for jobs of any size, power source requirement, and application.
Electric Hydraulic Pumps
Commonly used in remote and mobile applications—including buses, material handling, and construction equipment—Enerpac electric hydraulic pumps use a motor to generate hydraulic force.
Hand/Manual Hydraulic Pumps
When less power is required, these lightweight, compact, and manually-powered pumps offer an easy solution for test equipment or remote locations where there is no conventional power source.
Air Hydraulic Pumps
In air hydraulic pumps, the hydraulic mechanism is driven by air pressure. The higher the psi capabilities, the more viscous and resistant fluids you can move through larger systems, making these pumps a popular choice for shop presses and automotive equipment.
Gas Hydraulic Pumps
Gas engines generate energy to operate the pump. With a portable power source, gas hydraulic pumps are commonly used in field applications for excavators, cranes, and more.
Cordless Battery Hydraulic Pumps
Cordless pumps are valuable in both remote locations and high-traffic areas. These Enerpac 10,000 psi hydraulic pumps provide sufficient power for heavy-duty mining and forestry equipment, and they’re handy in small workspaces where a cord may pose a hazard or inconvenience.
Companies in a wide range of industries turn to Enerpac products for reliable hydraulic power in critical applications:
- Oil and gas
High-Performance Enerpac Pumps Distributed by Metro Hydraulic
Since 1941, Metro Hydraulic has established itself as a leading distributor and service center for industrial hydraulic equipment, parts, tools, jacks, and lubrication equipment for the automotive, commercial, marine, and construction industries. We’re proud to be a trusted distributor of Enerpac hydraulic pumps, cylinders, tools, and other hydraulic equipment.
Our status as a national leader in sales and service is a result of providing the highest quality products and skilled service to our clients. Contact us for more information about our repairs and engineering services, or request a quote to get started on your hydraulic pump solution.