For over 70 years, Metro Hydraulic Jack Company, a third-generation, family-owned and operated business, has been providing industrial hydraulic parts and equipment services to commercial, automotive, marine, refuse, and construction industries.More About Our Company
Hydraulic Jack Repair Services
To withstand rugged, demanding industrial conditions, jacks, hydraulic jack equipment, and lifting solutions must be durable, reliable, and made from the highest-quality materials. Whether working with automotive jacks and shop equipment or railroad ratchet lever jacks, all solutions need to be able to endure harsh environments and severe use.
At Metro Hydraulic, we offer competitive pricing on new equipment and custom design, but we also dedicate our skills to hydraulic jack maintenance and full repair services. Our team can engineer unique layouts, update all types of systems, and source top-of-the-line parts for the needs of any shop.
We understand that repairing your hydraulic jack can be a daunting task. Complex systems require extensive knowledge and the proper tools to make repairs that are both safe and long-lasting. Selecting an expert for repairs requires careful consideration to ensure that your system is returned to full service after repairs are made.
Quality parts are also a requirement for effective repairs. OEM parts made from the proper materials will give your equipment the longest life and help to minimize money lost to repairs and down time.
Jack Repair & Servicing from Metro Hydraulic Jack Co.
At Metro Hydraulic Jack Company, our experts specialize in repairs of all types of hydraulic lifting systems. Our team has the experience needed to diagnose and repair your system while providing parts from existing stock, or fabricating parts that are not immediately available.
Our large inventory, sales force knowledge and equipment service capabilities make us the go-to provider for repairs of your system, regardless of the complexity.
- Full Repair and Testing – No matter what the problem is, our fully-equipped facilities will be able to test and diagnose your problems. We are then able to begin working on getting the problems resolved and bring your system back to working condition.
- Jack System Designs – Our designs can be customized to meet the needs of your system. If you require non-standard repair parts, we can design the parts necessary to get your system back up and running.
- Machining Capabilities – Our complete machine shop specializes in both fabricating and rebuilding cylinders.
- Hose Fabrication – Need a new hose to repair your system? Whether it is a standard or non-standard size, Metro Hydraulic Jack Company is capable of fabricating a new hose while you wait. You will be provided with a high-quality hose that meets the specifications for your lifting system.
Industries and Applications
Designed for compact lifting to support heavy loads, jacks are critical for material handling processes in shops, large and small. Car jacks, pallet jacks, house jacks, whiskey jacks, floor jacks, railroad jacks, screw jacks, garage jacks, farm jacks, and industrial-specific jacks are all common variations of the original mechanical jack design. Some of the industrial applications we’ve served at Metro Hydraulic include:
- Automotive jacks and Porto-Power® equipment for body shops
- Specialty vehicle lifts
- Heavy-duty mobile column lifts for trucks, railcars, buses, and specialty vehicles
- Mechanical jacks for the construction industry
- Industrial work presses and holding equipment
- Pallet jacks and scissor lifts
- Track jacks and ratchet lever jacks for the railroad industry
Common Hydraulic Jack Problems
Regardless of their specific application, jacks often experience the same types of issues, including:
- Jacks leaking oil
- Rams that won’t lift on service jacks
- Jacks drifting down slowly or never completely extending
- Weakened frame construction, whether due to cracking, bending, or breaking
- Wheels that squeak or don’t roll appropriately
- Jack handles kicking back
- Milky or foamy oil leaking from the device
- Accidental overload/safety valve tripping on the jack
Evaluating and dismantling the lift is often the most difficult part of managing jack issues, but the tears, cuts, and worn-out components causing leaking and other issues are sometimes inside the machine. Worn out seals, O-rings, nuts, rams, neoprene, and fasteners are all common culprits of leaky or struggling jacks and need to be replaced regularly — especially with heavy use.
Lack of lubricant, improper fluids, and oil that has been contaminated by water or other liquids can also wear on a jack and cause eventual failure.
Our Facility & Capabilities
The Metro Hydraulic team can evaluate jacks on-site at our shop or at your facility to determine the best repair, rebuilding, or replacement solution for your application.
Our 20,000-square-foot facility in Newark, N.J., hosts a fully equipped repair and testing facility, in addition to a complete machine shop and a vast inventory of hydraulic parts. With careful evaluation, testing, and performance diagnostics, the repair team can have your jack back on track quickly and efficiently.
We specialize in hydraulic jack, pump, cylinder, and tool repairs, ranging from system diagnostics and total overhauls to simple component updates. Reach out to Metro Hydraulic today to learn more about our custom jack repair services and discuss how we can help with your system.