For over 70 years, Metro Hydraulic Jack Company, a third-generation, family-owned and operated business, has been providing industrial hydraulic parts and equipment services to commercial, automotive, marine, refuse, and construction industries.More About Our Company
Power Team Hydraulic PumpsHydraulic pumps play a crucial role in hydraulic systems. These pumps push the hydraulic fluid through the system, enabling them to function in various applications. You can find hydraulic systems in different applications, such as braking systems in vehicles, elevators, escalators, theme park rides, and more. The success of any hydraulic system depends on the hydraulic pump that’s used. It is important to find a reliable and experienced hydraulic pump supplier to help you select the right hydraulic pump for your needs. Metro Hydraulic Jack Co is a third-generation hydraulic parts and equipment supplier located in Newark, NJ. We distribute some of the most reputable hydraulic pump brands, including Power Team hydraulic jacks.
Basics to Power Hydraulic PumpsA hydraulic pump converts mechanical power to hydraulic energy by generating enough power to overcome the pressure induced by the load. There are two main functions in its operation. Firstly, the hydraulic pump’s mechanical action creates a vacuum that allows atmospheric pressure to force the hydraulic liquid out of the reservoir. It then pumps the fluid to the inlet line. Secondly, the mechanical action delivers the hydraulic fluid to the pump’s outlet to the hydraulic system.
Types of Hydraulic PumpsThere are various types of hydraulic pumps. They all rely on the two actions described above. Here’s a list of different hydraulic pumps:
- Air Pumps: These hydraulic pumps use air in their hydraulic mechanism. Typical applications of these pumps include delivering power to automotive equipment or shop presses.
- Battery Pumps: These hydraulic pumps use batteries to produce hydraulic force. They are easy to use with no access to conventional power sources since the initial power is already stored in the battery.
- Cordless Pumps: These hydraulic pumps are ideal for use in remote or limited-space locations because they aren’t restricted by a cord.
- Electric Pumps: These pumps rely on a motor to generate hydraulic force. They are used in locations where mobility is important, such as construction sites or areas with material handling equipment.
- Gas Pumps: These pumps use gas-powered engines to generate the force necessary for use. They are best suited for machinery that needs mobile power sources like cranes, excavators, and other mobile machinery.
- Hand Pumps: These pumps depend on human power to operate. They are usually lightweight and compact and produce lower levels of power.
ApplicationsHydraulic pumps are used in virtually every industrial hydraulic machine and countless more power transmission applications. From manually operated hand pumps for auxiliary power to hydraulic pumps powered by internal combustion engines, hydraulic pumps are some of the most important components in industrial and commercial applications. Some of the most common industrial applications hydraulic pumps can be found in include:
- Mining machinery
- Forestry equipment
- Vacuum trucks
- Forestry equipment
Are You in Need of Power Hydraulic Pumps? Metro Hydraulic Jack Co. Got YouIt’s no secret that hydraulic pumps are vital components in almost every industry. Your choice depends on the primary source of force needed to operate them and the level of sophistication of your machine. If you need a hydraulic pump or any of its parts, Metro Hydraulic is here to help. We are a complete supplier of high-quality, brand-name hydraulic pumps and parts. We make a point to ensure that you get the pumps or components that meet your specific needs. If you encounter any issues with your current hydraulic pump, we offer comprehensive hydraulic pump repairs. Contact us today or request a quote and place your order with any of our team members.
Print This Page