For over 70 years, Metro Hydraulic Jack Company, a third-generation, family-owned and operated business, has been providing industrial hydraulic parts and equipment services to commercial, automotive, marine, refuse, and construction industries.More About Our Company
Hydraulic Material Handling & Lifting EquipmentMaterial handling equipment is crucial to many companies that handle and store bulk material. It plays a vital role in the movement, storage, control, and protection of materials during the lifecycle of goods and products. This includes the manufacturing, transportation, consumption, and disposal of products. Investing in the right material lifting equipment can help protect goods from damage, improve customer service, shorten delivery time, optimize warehouse capacity, improve material flow, and lower overall handling costs. Learn more about the role of hydraulics in material handling and lifting equipment.
Hydraulics in Material HandlingHydraulic components and systems are vital to the material handling industry and play a key role in limiting downtime, increasing productivity, and improving work processes and personnel safety. Hydraulic lift equipment has excellent lifting capabilities, reducing risk to the operator and lowering costs by eliminating the need for battery charging stations. Unlike their electric counterparts, these remotely operated units are much smaller, allowing for easy access to tighter areas where lifting needs to occur. They are long-lasting, provide for smooth execution, and are highly effective with heavy loads.
Types of Material Handling SolutionsMaterial handling and lifting equipment utilize hydraulic components to carry out many different functions. Metro Hydraulic Jack Company offers the following hydraulic components for material handling:
- Pallet jacks: A pallet jack is used to move pallets and materials around a warehouse without putting any strain on the person lifting them up or down.
- Stackers: Stackers have forks that lift heavy loads and stack or position them onto storage racks or other high surfaces. They are often used in manufacturing plants, construction sites, warehouses, and other industrial settings.
- Portable and non-portable scissor lifts: These portable hydraulic lifts situate pallet jacks in a more ergonomic position for loading, protecting workers’ from backs injury. Used in industrial operations from storage to retrieval of supplies and products.
- Portable post tables: They are built for fast and efficient lifting, transporting, and positioning of equipment and are ideal for heavy-duty use, such as lifting dies and castings, leveling feed material for pump presses, and moving machine parts.
- Hydraulic jack equipment: This material handling equipment is used to lift heavy loads by applying force multiplication using an incompressible liquid, such as hydraulic fluid or jack oil. Hydraulic jacks have wide applications in different industries.
- Titers and turntables: These provide a reliable and versatile method for rotating extremely heavy loads.
- High travel lifts (including vertical reciprocating conveyors – VRCs): High travel lifts allow for the safe, efficient transportation of material, equipment, and personnel over extended vertical distances. With applications in several industries, VRCs are designed to move goods and materials between multiple floor levels quickly and safely.
- High-capacity lifts: These hydraulic material lifts have a stable, flat platform that supports a greater load capacity. They’re used in warehouses, manufacturing plants, and other industrial areas with heavy-duty lifting needs.
- Dock lifts, dock plates, and yard ramps: Dock lifts help make your dock accessible, while dock plates are an efficient solution for loading docks with low- to medium-traffic capacities or for docks with unique freight handling requirements. Yard ramps create ground-to-dock or ground-to-trailer access to load and unload cargo with ease. They are often used in material handling applications, usually between a dock and a truck.
- Rollers: Roller conveyors utilize rollers to let loads roll along a path from one place to another, reducing the effort it takes to move the loads. They’re often used in warehousing, package handling, manufacturing, and distribution applications.
- Lift Products, Inc.
- Hilman Rollers
Hydraulic Power Material Handling Solutions by Metro Hydraulic JackTo remain competitive in your industry, you need material handling equipment designed to handle your materials and meet your warehouse’s unique needs. With over 70 years of experience providing hydraulic lifting equipment, Metro Hydraulic can offer expert advice to assist you in selecting equipment to meet your material handling requirements. Contact us today for more information.
Print This Page